The University of Nairobi Chancellor Dr. Vijoo Ratansi hosted the newly appointed Council for an induction meeting on 19th August, 2022.
The Chancellor congratulated the Chairperson Prof. Miriam Were and the other new members of the Council on their appointment and wished them noble stewardship tasks in executing their function that lies ahead.
During the meeting, the Chairperson and the new members familiarized themselves with the operations of the University as well all as the conduct and management of council business.
Present during the induction meeting were:-
1. Dr. Vijoo Ratansi- The Chancellor
2. Prof. Stephen Kiama Gitahi, PhD-Vice-Chancellor & Council Secretary
3. Prof. Miriam Khamadi Were EBS, IOM-Chairperson of Council
4. Darius Mogaka Ogutu –Member
5. Samuel Kiiru - Member
6. Alison I.N.Kariuki - Member
7. CPA. Charles O.Ogolo - Member
8. CPA. Flora Mtuweta Mighulo Maghanga - Member
The University community looks forward to working with the Council towards a brighter future for the institution so that it can continue to embody the collective aspirations of Kenyan people and global community.